Your pitbull may be tough, rugged and full of exuberance; however, he may actually be a lot more delicate than you think.
Pitbulls are prone to allergies, which can cause itchy, dry skin and hot spots. Common allergens for pitbulls, and all dogs, include:
- Certain types of meats, including beef, chicken, lamb and fish
Often, pitbulls aren’t actually allergic to these foods, but rather, what is added to these foods.
If your pitbull is exhibiting the signs and symptoms of food allergies, such as constant itching or restlessness, it is important to feed him hypoallergenic foods.
- Acana Singles Dog Food – This dog food feature four grain-free foods that meet the AAFCO nutrient profiles for all life stages, including Wild Mackerel Singles, Duck and Pear Singles, Pork and Squash Singles and Lamb and Apples Singles. All meats are procured from high-quality sources. It is hypoallergenic and reduces the risk of allergy outbreaks in dogs.
- Blue Buffalo Basics Grain Free Dog Food – This grain-free formula canned dog food meets AAFCO nutrient profiles. There are several different recipes, including Duck and Potato, Lamb and Potato, and Salmon and Potato. Again, all meats are procured from high-quality sources.
- Go! Sensitivity + Shine Grain Free Dog Food – This grain-free dog food contains all-natural ingredients that reduce the incidence of allergy breakouts. Salmon, duck and venison are some of the recipes, and all ingredients come from high-quality food sources. This food will not only reduce allergic reactions, but it will also ensure your dog’s coat stays nice and shiny.
- Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Canned Dog Food – This line of limited ingredient dog food has eight recipes that meet AAFCO nutrient profiles for all stages of life. Recipes include sweet potato and fish, duck and potato, lamb and brown rice and rabbit and brown rice.
- Nature’s Recipe Pure Essentials Limited Ingredient Dry Dog Food – There are three dry dog foods that meet AAFCO nutrient profiles in this limited ingredient dog food, which is designed for an adult dog’s dietary needs. Recipes include duck and brown rice, lamb and brown rice, and salmon and brown rice.
- Pet-Tao Harmony Dog Food – Three canned dog food recipes meet the AAFCO nutrient profiles from the Pet-Tao Harmony Dog Food line. Recipes include ingredients like beef and turkey. All ingredients come from quality sources.
- Rachel Ray Nutrish Just 6 Dry Dog Food – There is one dry dog food that meets AAFCO nutrient profiles from this line. Lamb meal is the first ingredient in this recipe, and brown rice is the second ingredient.
- Wellness Complete Simple Limited Ingredient Diet – With recipes like duck and oatmeal, lamb and oatmeal, and turkey and grain-free potatoes, this dog food will keep your pitbull’s allergies at bay while providing him with vital nutrients.
- California Natural Grain Free Limited Ingredient Diet – There are four dry foods from this line that meet AAFCO nutrient profiles. The ingredients include grain free lamb meal, grain free chicken meal, and salmon free meal and peas.
- EVO 95 Percent Canned Dog Food – There are two types of canned dog food that meet AAFCO requirements from this line of limited ingredient dog foods; EVO grain free beef and EVO grain free chicken and turkey.
If your pitbull suffers from allergies, feeding him any of these 10 limited ingredient dog foods will ensure that his allergies are kept under control and that he experiences the highest level of comfort.